2020 CF718 In-House OPEN
WELCOME TO THE 718IHO!
The CrossFit Open consists of 5 workouts spread across 5 weeks that aim to find the fittest people in the world. Our programming is geared toward preparing you for this competition each year. Now it is time to test your fitness in the 2020 In-House Open! Get excited, we are going teams!
In the CF718 In-House Open, you’ll have the opportunity to test your fitness amongst your peers. We are going to split the participants into 4 giant teams. Your individual performance will count towards your teams score. Most importantly, this event willl be the highlight of the year. It is going to be a super fun way to bond with the CF718 Family at our gym.
- So what exactly is the #718IHO ? It is a 5 week In-House competition with some friends at the Box for bragging rights. The CFHQ’s Open WODs will test your overall fitness and yes you will be accountable for every rep. Participate for only $25
It all starts with 4 teams –
- Suiside Squad
- Justice League
Draft Day is Sept 29th
- Register by September 29th to get a TEAM & to get SWAG!
- On 9/29, The draft will be streamed on Instagram live. Tune in to find out what team your on!
- Anyone registered for the official Open with CFHQ will be considered a serious athlete! These athletes will be evenly split amongst the teams..
- Serious athletes must register for both the CF718 IHO & CFHQ by 9/29
Each week on Thursday at 8pm we will be airing the live announcements of the Open workouts at the Box.
Each week 1 member of each team will be nominated to perform the workout immediately after the live announcements! (8:30ish PM) Come hand out and watch all the fun!
Our Box will be offering the Open WODs Friday nights from 5-8pm and Sunday mornings from 9-11am. We want to encourage as many people as possible to make it during those times.
Every week there will be a winning team! The winning team members will each get Sample Kettlebell Kitchen meals the following week.
The overall winning team after 5 weeks gets 1 year of bragging rights, this includes an event banner with each members name on it hung up at the Box.
Friday Night Lights – 5pm -8pm
========= OR ==========
Sunday Funday – 9am – 12pm
CrossFit 718 Athletes (Members Only)
$25 for all 5 weeks.
At CrossFit 718
Your $25 registration gets you the following:
- Participation T-shirt
- Access to the Open WODs on Fridays & Sundays
- Each week every member on the winning team will earn KBK meals.
- The overall winning team gets a bragging rights for 1 year – Includes a banner with every persons name on the team.
- Step 1 – Register Today
- Step 2 – Tune in on Draft Day
- Step 3 – Brag about your Team on IG/FB
- Step 4 – Workout – Crush It! … (Stalk the leaderboard; see how you stack up against your peers.)
- Step 5 – We ask everyone to join us the last week on Sunday Morning to celebrate all our hard work and declare the overall winning team!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
$25 per person
Fee covers an event t-shirt and weekly prizes from Kettlebell Kitchen for the winning teams.
What are the dates?
The WOD will be offered in every class on Friday, but in order to get 5 points for your team we encourage you to get down to the box either during our session or Our Sunday Funday session!
(LOL, you won’t get double points for redos)
- Friday Night Lights: 5pm – 8pm
- Sunday Funday: 9am – 12pm
20.1 – 10/11 or 10/13
20.2 – 10/18 or 10/20
20.3 – 10/25 or 10/27
20.4 – 11/1 Halloween Costumes or 11/3
20.5 – Sunday 11/10 LAST WOD – We want everyone to be there!
Do I need to create a Team before the event?
No! The Team Captains will declare Teams on Draft day!
Tune in in Instagram Live to watch the Draft, Sunday, September 29th, 2019 @ 11:30am
How can I earn points for my Team?
Every week Teams start with a clean slate!
Points can be earned as followed:
- 1 point for everyone on your team who completes the WOD on the Friday’s & Sunday
- 1 point for RX
- 2 points for Thursday’s Night
- 1 point for top male / female Rx & scaled
Do I have to judge?
Yes, Judge & be Judged!
We are going to make it mandatory that each athlete at least judges one other athlete each week. In order for this to be fun and flow properly we all need to work together.
Keep in mind this is the Open, its that one time a year where we arguing to hold you accountable for every rep, and all the standards.
Is there a registration deadline?
Early registration ends on draft day 9/29/19.
This is your last chance to get an event Team T-shirt.
What time can I do the Open WOD?
Each week, the heats will be on a first come first serve bases. this means that if you can’t stay long at the box, you should get there as early as possible. Dont forget to save a little time to judge someone else.
On Wodify Register for either time slot, when you get here check in with the coach to get in the next available heat.
- Fridays – 5pm – 8pm
- Sundays – 9am – 11am
Is it Rx or Scaled?
HQ offers Scaled and Rxed options for every WOD, we are going to attempt to help you choose the appropriate division for you.
Also, each week you can make the decision to got Rxed or Scaled.. Your not stuck in any one division.
- we always recommend that you choose your division based on the WOD thats going to get you the best workout. Let’s have a good time here!
It’s hard to watch someone do 13 minutes of double unders, put it on your GOAT list, Scale that week.. Rx the next week!
What if I want to Redo an Open WOD?
Only Athletes that are registered for the CFHQ’s Open can redo a WOD and you will be accommodated as best as possible.
Be sure to contact Coach TamBot so she can help you get a judge.
What if I miss a week?
Its ok, your team will have your back!
I don’t want to participate in the Open, Can I still workout?
If you dont want to play with the rest of us it’s ok. You can workout whether or not you’re registered for this event, the official Open workouts will be offered in every class on Friday, only the evening is expecting to be rowdy….
*Regarding scheduling just make sure that you understand that Friday Nights and Sundays are first come first serve.
i’m visiting - Can I Drop In and do an Open WOD?
Of course, Email Coach Tammy @ email@example.com she’ll make sure you get a judge.